Tuesday, February 21, 2006

Time Curve

Do you remember back in your college days when the rule of thumb was spending two hours outside of the classroom on homework and study for every hour you’re in the classroom? I’ve bounced that curve to the moon when it comes to my chemistry lab.

Class is scheduled for two hours a week. Theoretically I should be able to get everything I need to do outside the lab within four hours. Guess what? It ain’t happenin’. I think I spent four hours on Saturday and then another four hours on Sunday working through my lab assignments. It’s been grueling work, too. In some cases, the information I needed wasn’t available through the web resources we were told to look in. Fortunately, I’m smart enough to look at Wikipedia when I can’t find what I need.

I can’t believe I’m actually paying money to work this hard.

1 comment:

mrkhmusic said...

As a former music major, you should be used to that! :-)

For those that aren't, what would often happen, especially for performance majors, is they would spend an hour a week in a private lesson, and they'd spend two or three hours a day practicing for that lesson.

But since it was only one hour a week in class, it was only one credit. :-(

MRKH