Tuesday, July 18, 2006

Shameless Plug . . . and other voices

I don’t know how many of you have noticed, but over on the left-hand-side of this page are several “sponsors” links. As part of my theory of shameless self-promotion, I’m going to invite you to click on those if they look interesting. See, if you click on them, and in some cases participate a bit (like snag free music), whether you send them money or not, I get paid. Or I get free advertising. Either way it helps. It’s not much money, but it does help pay the electric bill. All proceeds go to the Newman Children Shoe Fund. Or the Newman Family Mortgage Fund. Or the Help John Newman Buy More Soda Fund. Soon it may go to the John Newman Memorial Tuition Fund. Wherever. It’s all good.

Okay, enough shameless and obvious money grubbing.

The more I try and get my head wrapped around Chemistry for my final, the more my mind unravels. I’m seriously thinking of taking it over again. That solution does offer some benefits. First, not all of the grad schools I want to attend will accept my first semester Chemistry class. It wasn’t at the 1200 level (that was a “specialized” class for health science majors) and I had to get permission from my school to go on to 1220 anyway. It also allows me to get my head back into the game more fully.

The downside, of course, is that’s going to add an extra year onto my time, and more costs in tuition. Hey, I’m forty years old. I’ve waited this long, what’s an extra year? On the other hand, hey! I’m 40! I’m getting too old for this! I don’t know. I can’t decide if having extra voices in my head is a good thing or not.

What? You don’t have extra voices in your head talking to you? I think you’re just jealous that they don’t talk to you, too.

No comments: