Monday, July 30, 2007

How I Fell in Love with Danica McKellar

I came across this by way of WWdN: In Exile, Will Wheaton's wonderful blog. Danica McKellar, who starred in "The Wonder Years" as 'Winnie,' has just written a book called 'Math Doesn't Suck.' (I've used Will's link here, so if you buy it from this link, he'll thank you.)

Danica wants to encourage girls to do math. She wants to show them that being smart is infinitely better than being stupid. What a wonderful break from the images and ideals mass media is throwing at us!

I may have to pick this up for my daughters. They already know that 'Dad' thinks math is cool, but is someone as smart and beautiful as Danica says it too, it may give them extra incentive.

Then again, maybe I'm not doing that bad. My oldest daughter brought her near failing grade in math up to an "A" by the end the last school year. Kudos to her!

No comments: