Wednesday, October 03, 2007

What Do You Get a Pregnant Gamer?

A good friend of mine just popped his head into my office to tell me he's expecting a baby. Well, his wife's expecting, anyway. Early spring of next year.

This is exciting news! He's excited to become a father, she's excited to become a mother, and I'm excited for them both. Lots of 'excited' goin' on here.

After congratulating them, my first thought was some of us in the office should pitch in and get them some kind of congratulatory gift. That's what you're supposed to do in this sort of situation, isn't it? I'm just not sure what to get them.

Both of these folks are rabid adventure gamer geeks. They love Dungeons and Dragons, Magic: the Gathering, Munchkin, and all sorts of weird and fun games like that. His newly pregnant wife loves Manga on top of it.

I like all those things, too, so you'd figure I could come up with an idea for a good gift.

The trouble is I can't. What do you get a pregnant Manga loving gamer chick to celebrate her ... um ... pregnantness?

I don't recall seeing any fantasy titles like "Conan the Babysitter," or "Lord of the Diapers." I’ve certainly not seen any Manga titles like "Ghost in the Womb," "Cowboy Babybop," or "Goo Goo Hakusho,” either.

Hmmm. I wonder if “Kiki’s Delivery Service” counts?

Nah.

If you have any ideas, I'd love to hear them.

No comments: