Tuesday, November 28, 2006

Of Pell Grants and Library Fines

I've decided to retake Chemistry 1220 this spring. With the hubbub that surrounded my gall bladder surgery and such, I think it's just going to be the best option. So I went online and tried to register only to find a hold on my record. No surprise. I hadn't been in school the last couple of semesters so I needed to do my Perkins exit interview. I didn't think it would be an issue with me returning this spring, but what do I know?

Its turns out I forgot another thing, as well. I forgot to pay the fine on a book I had checked out from the school library. I've returned the book, it's just every time I try and pay the fine I keep finding the offices closed, or I get redirected. I go to a local campus cashier and get told, "Oh, I don't think you can pay for that here. Try this other office."

Once I get to that office it's "Oh, I don't think you can pay for that here, go directly to the library."

So I call the library, "Oh, you don't have to pay that here, just go to any of the campus cashiers."

That's where I was in the first place.

Oh well. I guess that's what you get with bureaucracies that rely on student employees.

No comments: