Tuesday, November 21, 2006

Too Much Money

I'm really getting tired of paying out the nose for way too many connection points. I've got an outrageous bill for my home phone, my cell phone, my wife's cell phone, and my internet access. It costs me too much, frankly. Off the top of my head, I'd say I'm paying out $170.00 a month for all this crap.

And I'm still using dial-up.

I can't believe I just admitted that. That's like admitting that you still have a working 8-track tape player (I don't) and a bunch of 8-track tapes (I do).

Man, I'm pathetic.

Anyway, it's time for me to move fully into the 21st century. I'm just so cheap that I don't want to pay an arm and a leg for it. I've been looking into dropping the land line and going with high-speed access and VOIP, but I'm way out of my league. I just don't know where to go or what to do. I've been burned by extra charges from the telecoms that they don't tell you about until you get your first bill. "What? Didn't we mention the charge for the automatic nose-picking device we need for our customer service reps so they can remain truly 'hands free?'"

Does anyone have any recommendations for me? I need help and I just don't have time to research this like I should.

No comments: