Wednesday, May 30, 2007

Summertime

My kids get out of school for the summer at the end of this week. With my own school activities on temporary hiatus, we should be able to spend a lot more time together this summer.

At least that's the plan. Plans never seem to work out the way you intend them to, though.

I can remember when I was a kid I would come up with some amazing plans for what I wanted to do during summer vacation. Ride my bike, see movies, and play games with friends, to name a few. Mostly what I ended up doing, however, was watch TV and complain about having to work in the yard.

Not that I actually got much work done in the yard, I just complained a lot about it. Ask my parents. They'll tell you all about it.

Interestingly enough, as an adult I don't find that I'm much different. I've got all kinds of things I want to do: write stories, compose music, expand my online businesses, play games with my friends (some things never change), and goof off with my wife and kids, to name a few.

Then I look out my window and reality kicks in. My yard looks like a weed farm, I've got moss killing my grass, my car needs some work done on it, and my house needs some basic maintenance.

Not that I'll actually get much of that done. Mostly, I'll just post here and complain about it.

No comments: