Wednesday, January 23, 2008

Open Wide and say "Ouch"

Tomorrow is my first day in the dentist’s chair to get my teeth fixed and I’m getting nervous. Among other things scheduled for that extended visit is a root canal.

Ick.

I’ve had root canals before, but they’re never fun. Mostly, though, I just hate pain.

It’s not the work, or the recovery pain, that’s the worst, though. It’s those darn Novocain needles. Getting shots in your mouth is bad. Even worse is when they have to stick you in the roof of your mouth.

Guess where most of my work is being done?

I’m shuddering just thinking about it.

My brother likes the nitrous oxide, and he claims it really helps him deal with the pain of the shots. In the past I’ve not done very well with the “happy gas,” though. Instead of being “happy gas” for me, it’s more like “paranoid gas.” Lord knows I don’t need to get paranoid while I’ve got someone coming at me with tiny needles, drills and other sharp, pointy implements of torture.

It’s been several years since I last had nitrous oxide, though. I may give it another try.

Pray for me. Pray for Percocet.

Remember, if you want to help me out, and ease my stress levels, you can donate money to help me get my teeth fixed by clicking on the “donate” button on the left.

Thanks!

No comments: