Tuesday, January 08, 2008

Surviving Christmas

I hate the holidays. I thought I was going to enjoy them this year for a change but, that was just wishful thinking. Maybe I was hallucinating from all the excitement of not having to go to work for two whole weeks. I don't know.

In any case my Christmas and New Years were just as crappy as they usually are. Hours of feeling uncomfortable at my in-laws, more "Honey-Do" projects than you can shake a stick at - you name it, I had to endure it.

To top if off I ended up getting strep throat two days after Christmas, and spent most of my "holiday vacation" laid-up in bed. Thank goodness for Star Trek videos.

Between the DVD player and forced sleep I didn't really get to do much. Not doing much would normally be wonderful for a holiday, but when you're sick it's not so much a choice as a forced way of life.

What a jip. I started feeling better just in time to go back to work.

Now that I'm back to work I think my boss has given me a cold. He's had something going around his family and I guess he wanted to share with his friends, too. Misery loves company.

The trouble is that I can't take off work and rest like he did, today. I've got too many new clients to deal with. That creates an immediate conflict with my belief that you should stay home if you have a cold. You know? So you don’t spread the germs like my boss did? I’ve met way too many people that just don’t grasp simple germ theory.

I hate being sick.

No comments: